Coconut water is a natural beverage that is found in the fruits of the coconut palm. Botanically, coconut plant belongs to the Arecaceae family of palm trees, and has the scientific name: Coco’s nucifera. Coconut water is actually the juice present inside the interior cavity or endosperm of young, tender coconut. This fruit is usually found in tropical countries. It has been used in tropical countries for thousands of years as nutritional beverage and still in use across the world. It can be considered as an alternative to expensive sports drink and many other beverages that are out of reach to poor people. In recent years coconut water has gain popularity all across the world just because it is tasty, low in price and contains many nutritional values that even sports drinks don’t contain.
It is full of many high level nutrients and these nutrients have much of the thing to offer for your body. It’s packed with antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and minerals like iron. Coconut water can be considered as one of the most nutrition dense beverage available in the nature. It provides 19 calories in a 100 ml amount and coconut water is 95 percent water. Today we are going to talk about some of the benefits of coconut water that will not only quench your thirst but even keep you healthy as well. Those benefits are:
1. Improves Cardiovascular Health: Coconut water is low in calories and many studies have shown that drinking coconut water on regular basis reduces the risk of heart disease such as stroke, heart attack and many other heart related disease that could be chronic and fatal to your life.
2. Prevent Kidney Stone: If you have had kidney stone then you may be aware of the pain that you had suffered during kidney stone. If you drink coconut water on regular basis then you may not again face this problem as it can be considered as one of the effective health benefits of coconut water.
3. Improves Digestion System: It also improves your digestion system. Coconut water is rich in fiber which is very essential for your digestion system. The water a single coconut yield contains about 9% of the amount of fiber that is required by your body in a single day.
4. Improves Bone Density: Despite your bones mostly made up of calcium but your bone requires nutrition in order to keep dense itself and that is what coconut does. It provides those nutritional values that is essential in maintain bone density.
5. Lowers Hypertension: It lowers hypertension. If you are hypertension patient then drinking coconut water could work like panacea and will significantly decrease your blood pressure. Coconut water has a direct effect on blood pressure. Studies have shown that it can help in lowering blood pressure and hypertension. It also reduces cholesterol and prevents blood clots.
6. Provides Instant Energy: It is one of the best beverages if you want instant energy from any beverage. It is full of high level nutritional values that supports your body and provides instant energy.